Sunday, March 1, 2009

darling little girl, where oh where did you go?

Hit the Salvation Army in the next town over, i was not disappointed once again. While mumsy dearest was off getting her hair cut- for about 3 hours, fiew!- I on the other hand, hit some used clothes shops. First shop i stopped at was okay, found some cute purses, allot of cute lacy things, but of course, nothing fit.
Went to the Salvation Army down the street at full throttle, literally, and at first wasn't too pleased, there were allot of of clothes, but nothing vintage. There was a 'Collectibles' wall at the back that i pretty much knocked little children over to get too. I immediately saw this old white glass milk carton for $1.29, and had to have it, so now its holding some roses for me. :]

As you can likely tell my desk is quite cluttered, i had to rearrange everything around have it looking at least this tidy.Personally i'm a fan of dead roses, these were bright red when Tia gave them to me on Valentine's Day, but the couple of weeks in between then, and now, has caused them to go suicide in the vase of water i previously had them in.

There were also a couple adorable porcelain dolls on the wall also, and one of them that i adored with reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, but without the scary cat. She was wearing a blue...plaid i believe it was, dress, with the same shade of eyes, and blond curls. She was only about $4.50, and i probably would have gotten her to add to my collection of 3, but sadly there's no room left on my dresser.
I was doing my last round through pretty quickly looking through the skirts and shorts, when i found it. I know how cliche that sounds, like in romance novels, and the author will say something about how the boy is walking through town when... Boy meets girl. Girl meets boy. Boy lives happily ever after. But, i'm madly in love with this...jumper/shorts. I'm not exactly sure what to call it. I was originally thinking jumper, but when googled, nothing like this comes up.

Excuse me for this horrid pose, and the fact that i'm wearing fuzzy socks. I do apologize, really. I plan on wearing this ensemble tomorrow, but with the black leggings i got for 99cents, black boots, and a yellow blouse that i will be borrowing from Hannah. The belt on these shorts is so cute, and the buttons are possibly what caused me to fall in love with this.



Front buttons.



Back buttons.







Belt Buckle.

The Actual Short Leg.


The back buttons are actually quite use full. I didn't realise until this afternoon that the second button can be used to make the straps a bit shorter, which in my case is quite useful, as the straps being the only things that don't exactly fit. This number was about $4.

Alright, last little bit here. As i was waiting in the till line up, which was surprisingly long, i was standing next to this scarf rack for quite a while, and at some point these too little girls came up and were checking out the scarfs. I didn't intend to hear every word of their conversation, but i apologise because i did. The conversation doesn't really matter, but as i glanced over i saw this beauty. It was about a dollar, so i couldn't resist. I may wear this with my new obtained jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment