Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dare to wear the foolish clown face.

From the original clown appearance in 1805, by Joseph Grimalidi, also know as Joey, to the runway so many years later, one thing is for sure-boy has the clown look evolved! When Joseph, or Joey was performing his tricks on England's streets, i'm sure he wasn't thinking about the fashion he could create in two-hundred odd years.
THE CLOWN.Fashion has always been a circus, literally. Mind you, banish the thoughts of over the done make up on men, red noses, and one piece button up suits. Though, keep in mind the gorgeous bright colours shoes, frilly skirts, and don't forget to play up the bright red lipstick, though, stay in the lines, mind you. Now is the time to play up the designs from the Commes des Garcons S/S 08, and experiment with the colours and proportions.
THE HARLEQUIN. Always the brightest of the middle ages, and back again bigger, brighter and shinier. Though, the oh-so famous cap 'n' bell hat i'm sure, is going to stay back in the middle ages. There's more to it than the rainbow triangles here, though that is still my main focus. I'm absolutely loving the diversity in colour and shape, the largest triangles at her shoulders, and the smallest at the end of the garment. Also, giving the model a more natural look with her makeup looks truly fabulous, especially with the bright red lipstick, there is no way to ever go wrong with a pop of red! This design is from the Miu Miu S/S 08 show, bravo!
I've had this clown for as long as i can remember, so a minimum of 11 years, possibly longer. I'm pretty sure that i got him from my Nana way back when. He sits up on top of my computer now, scaring all my clown-a-phobia friends(Coulrophobia). He doesn't have a name yet though, any suggestions?
This is my newest little clown added to the now large number of two clown items. I bought her at Salvation Army today, for a whopping price of 49 cents! I've decided to name her Lucy. "Lucy in the sky, with diamonds", sorry, i watched Across the Universe, and Chapter 27 yesterday, so there's a bit of a Beatles theme going through my mind at the moment. Lucy will also spend her days perched up on my computer moniter.

"I am not a sad clown. I am not a sad clown."
Nathan Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment