Saturday, September 12, 2009

I couldn't self describe, but you can't say I didn't try

The other night i found a contest for future fashion designers, and pretty much i need to make an outfit out of reconstructed, thrifted clothing. How perfect is this for me? I've already started a sketch, though i don't think it would be enough for this. My plan for it would be to use a white dress that Emily bought for me a month or so ago, but i just got it a couple weeks ago, it reminds me of something Bonnie, from Bonnie and Clyde would wear. It's a tad too small for me, so i was thinking if i could find the right patterned material to go with it all, i could put a triangle of it in the back to make up for space i need to fit. Lastly i want a scarf to drape across the front of the garment, hopefully something fading from extremely dark purple, to a light violet shade. What does everyone think?

I'd like to point out that Spandex Pony has been given an awesome opportunity! Some people somewhere, bought a cigarette vending machine - I know, weird right? Anyways, check out her page to learn about it, and all that jazz.

Today's the first Saturday since school started last Wednesday - Bonjour 10th grade! I don't think i have ever been so excited for a Friday as i was yesterday, though i was ready to pass out by 10:30 pm, there's a first for everything i suppose. Trust me, i wanted nothing more than to take pictures of my first week of 10th grade, but a camera is not in my hands right now.
Day 1(Wednesday):
  • Black empire waist from stitches, big bow at waist
  • Indigo necklace Tia got me from London waaay back
  • Black boots,
  • At the moment i forget what shirt
  • White almost 'hippy' like shirt, it makes me feel quite indie.
Day 2(Thursday):
  • Cream button up shirt, looks almost Victorian
  • Purple and blue plaid skirt-literally looks like it was cut off a man's button up shirt.
  • My 'army' belt, that makes me feel awesome, it has 3 small separate belt on it, one's dark gray to go with the rest of the belt, one is an old looking white. Something that was one white, 30 years ago, and is now aged. The last is a darker, more yellow shade of the previous.
  • Gray leggings
  • Brown boots
Trust me, i felt extremely full of myself, i knew i looked good, and i was told way too many times. I feel like I'm bragging way to much, but this is the only outfit i will feel so good about.
Day 3(Friday):Black jeans
  • Dark blue, 3/4 length shirt
  • Gray vest
  • Black boots
  • Pink plaid headband
    For the past couple months i have been trying to grow out my hair, but now i am really not liking it. I have two completely looking hair styles that i am thinking about, one extremely long that would take forever to get to. The other is very short, which i could go strait to, but then it would take me even longer to grow it out in the long run.

Long:

Short:

I had my first hockey practice of the season this afternoon, i do believe i may have died, and spontaneously came back. My back hurts so much, but I'm hoping i can get back into shape soon enough.

With school starting less than a week ago, i have to get back into the schedule of waking up so early, and remembering classes. My A block is pre-AP English 10, which i tried to switch into a different class for a specific teacher, no luck. B block is pre-AP Art 11, trust me, it's not as intimidating as it sounds, just kinda lame. Everyone else being in grade 11, and maybe a few from Grade 12, no one talks, or does anything. Hello next 6 odd months of my life.

2 comments:

  1. i just started playing rugby for the first time in 2 years... trust me, i died too and i think there's still a part of me that is dead :P
    i think you should go short (but i'm biased :P)!

    thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, yeah that definitely sounds like it would hurt!
    aha actually i love your hairstyle, it looks supoer cute!

    ReplyDelete