Monday, September 14, 2009

with everything i've got.



Last Saturday afternoon I noticed that my eye looked... off. Yesterday morning I woke up to the gift of pink eye. Today being a Monday, I was forced to stay home, and my being a nerd, i was not excited. I did want to go to school, and not just because of my double Art 11 block.
So, today I did what anyone else in my predicament would do, stay in their pajamas until 3pm, watch last night's rerun of the VMA's, and sketch. As previously mentioned, I'm going to enter a fashion contest, wish me luck! I only have two ideas drawn out currently that i would like to attempt for the contest, both of which should hopefully be in this post.

These two are the same dress, just different designs. I already have a white dress like so, but it's too small for me, it fits and everything, but it makes my boobs look like pancakes. So, i was thinking if i added a strip of patterned material - such as zebra print- then maybe it would still look alright. The... blob i suppose, down the front of the dress is basically a scarf, sewed on three separate spots. I want it fading from super dark, to light, and back to dark again, though I'm not sure what colour. Suggestions would be nice.
This dress is basically a "black goody bag" dress, I thought of this a month or so ago, but never got around to drawing it out. The idea is that it's baggy pretty much everywhere, but slightly more fitted around the chest, and hangs down from there. It's also a bubble dress, the string hanging from the neck weaves through the material around the neck, and pulls to close the fit to each person's preference.

Only last week (the first week of school) did I finally take home art from my last semester of grade nine. So, along with sketches, those images will go up, and whatever else I think fits, just because I can. I'm trying to get a picture of my outfit that a only put on about an hour ago, but it's not working. Since there's only one of me, I need to set my (mother's) camera on top of something, set the timer, and pose. But my head doesn't fit.
These two are the same piece, the one below is just to show some texture.
I was so proud, and yet so disappointed in the above image. I got 99%, which is amazing, but my close friend Jessica got 100%. Her's got framed.
This last one is quite old, some time during the eighth grade I think, but I still love it.

Okay, well i'm heading out for dinner with my mum, and her mum too, and here's what i've got to show off. My Nana bought this shirt for me on our shopping spree, though she didn't like it much, it was my favourite. Don't mind the mess, or my feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment